June 1, 2021
Bookmarks 2.0 is the biggest Update so far! Many of the new features were often requested by users and now they are finally available:
Your own bookmark collections
Create your own collections to organize your bookmarks even better. Your collections can also be part of other collections, this way you can create hierarchies and always have an overview.
Multiple selection of tags
Select multiple tags to better filter your bookmarks. This way, for example, you will be able to quickly see all the "vegan" dishes for "dinner" when you manage your recipes with Bookmarks.
You can also sort tags alphabetically, ascending or descending. Or you can choose your own personal order.
Import and export function
Desktop browsers like Safari or Chrome have the ability to save bookmarks to a file. This can now be imported into Bookmarks and also retains folder structures. Conversely, you can use Bookmarks to create such a bookmark file that can be read in the browser on the Mac or PC.
Significantly improved stability
Many bugs in the bookmark display and iCloud sync have been fixed and the overall stability of the app has been greatly improved.
Pretty much every corner of the app has been given a new, modern coat of paint.
Thanks for helping us develop Bookmarks!
July 19, 2020
- It's now possible to search for bookmarks. Tap the textfield at the top and type away. Searchable information includes a bookmark's title, url and notes.
- A new detail screen shows all information on a bookmark in one place. Write notes, set tags or change the title — just tap and hold a bookmark and select "Bookmark Info"
June 8, 2020
- Rename bookmarks: It's now possible to rename individual bookmarks and enter your own titles.
- Alternative browsers: Open bookmarks in one of the following alternative browsers: Opera Touch, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox, iCab Mobile
June 5, 2020
- This version fixes an issue where bookmarks were assigned wrong tags after reordering tags.
June 4, 2020
- This updates fixes an issue that sometimes prevented Tags from synching correctly.
June 1, 2020
- You can now attach notes to individual bookmarks.
- The overall stability of the app was greatly improved. Bookmarks now runs more smoothly and performant than ever.
May 25, 2020
- New icons in the main menu
- You can now drag a bookmark on the "Favorites" menu entry to add it to the favorites
- A new Favorites-indicator marking a bookmark as favorite
May 24, 2020
New on iPad only
- Support for Drag and Drop
- Drag URLs and Links from other apps onto the app to add them as bookmarks
- Drag Bookmarks on tags to assign them
- Reorder tags by dragging them
May 15, 2020
- The delete confirmation dialogue now gets shown only a couple of times
- The share extension's cancel and save buttons showed their titles in the wrong language
May 9, 2020
- Choose if you want to open a bookmark inside the app or in Safari
- Redesigned share extension
- Dark mode
- iPad didn't show the Navigation Bar in Split View mode
April 27, 2020
- Removed navigation bars and put the functionality into buttons and context menues
April 26, 2020
- Bookmarks are now grouped by "Today", "Yesterday", "This week" and earlier months
April 21, 2020
- Create and manage bookmarks
- Create and manage tags
- Share bookmarks from other apps
- Sort into favorites or the trash
- Sync between iPhone and iPad